Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Coming and Going
















Original design by Margo Fiddes (2005)
24" X 18"

Sometimes fabric just 'speaks to me'. This one did. I had not been successful at trying to incorporate this interesting fabric into a quilt. I decided to simply make a quilt based on what I loved about this fabric, its subtle alteration in hue and value within the stripes and the secondary muted design that this created.

Matching the stripes in the contrasting vertical stripe was the most difficult aspect of this piece. I used neon threads to quilt and highlight the secondary design of the fabric.

Techniques: Machine piecing, fused applique, machine quilting
Materials: Cotton fabrics, cotton & polyester threads

(c) Margo Fiddes 2005



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?