Friday, February 04, 2005

 

Everything's falliing down leaves


Posted by Hello
Original design by Margo Fiddes (2002)
25" X 25"

This piece was a composite of traded fabrics from a quilting retreat. Limiting my palette and fabric selection was a challenge. I utilized a basic four-patch with half square triangles for my design. Since the theme was "fall" I incorporated one of the leaf fabrics as surface embellishment by reinforcing individual groups of leaves and sewing them onto the surface of the quilt to make them appear as if they were cascading down. The piece went together quite well and I was reminded of the saying, "everything's coming up roses" but this didn't seem a suitable title for my quilt.

Techniques: Machine pieced, fused and embroidered stabilized leaves, machine quilted
Materials: Cotton fabrics, cotton and rayon threads

©Margo Fiddes 2002



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?