Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

Daylilies



"Daylilies" pattern by Ruth McDowell
quilted by Margo Fiddes (2003)
38 ½” X 38 ½”
(private collection)

This quilt was begun as part of a course offered by Elinor Burwash: Ruth McDowell – Piecing. The ‘look’ - a somewhat abstract rendering of natural subjects had certainly caught my eye. The piecing method used by Ruth McDowell seemed very complex at first glance. Working on this quilt during the class gave me ample opportunity to explore the piecing – the stitching techniques; the placement and ordering of pieces, then sections; colour and fabric selection and its placement. I was so taken with the method and the ‘look’ that I enrolled in the Ruth McDowell Design class. I was very excited about taking this method ‘even further’ with some future projects.

Techniques: Machine pieced, machine quilted
Materials: Cotton fabrics, cotton and rayon threads

(c) Margo Fiddes 2003



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?